This incredibly light and delicious Soy and Honey Chicken Pasta is perfect for hot sunny days. Half pasta and half fresh spinach, this dish works just as well hot or cold.
Can you believe it, we’re finally having an honest to goodness heatwave???
I am boiling and the last thing I want to be doing is spending loads of time cooking and baking. In fact I’m not impressed that I have to physically move full stop!
Also it’s one of those incredibly rare times where I don’t want huge amounts of rich food to eat. Now granted I still can’t bring myself to eat a salad (that would just be crazy) but I do love my Soy and Honey Chicken Pasta as it’s a kind of salad/pasta hybrid.
My Soy and Honey Chicken Pasta started life as an Annabel Karmel salad recipe. Since I am incredibly fussy with my vegetables and only like certain ones cooked certain ways, I completely ignored her instructions, I messed around with her ingredients and it became an entirely different (but of course still fabulous) dish.
I have found this to be incredibly popular with adults and children a like. Everyone seems to love the magical combination of honey and soy.
I love that I can make big batches and have it straight away for dinner, then cold for lunches at work.
I’ve also taken this to picnics with great success!
It’s a very simple recipe to make and so quick. I really hope you all enjoy it as much as we do x
Yields Serves 4
15 minTotal Time
- 2 chicken breast
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 280g uncooked fusili (the sprial/twisty pasta)
- 200g fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice if you fancy a change)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Put the pasta on to cook following the instructions on the bag, and once cooked drain and put to one side
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and slice the cherry tomatoes in half
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large pan or wok
- Add the chicken and the cherry tomatoes and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through
- Add the pasta to the chicken and cherry tomatoes and add 2 tbsp of the dressing and stir until thoroughly combined and remove from the heat
- Place a handful of raw spinach on to your plate or bowl
- Add the pasta and chicken, then drizzle over more of the dressing (the dressing may try to separate so always give it a good stir before you use it)
- Eat and enjoy
To make this for a cold lunch I just leave the chicken and pasta to cool and then pop it in the fridge. Then when I want to get it ready to take with me I put the spinach into a tupperware box, top with the pasta and chicken mix and add a good serving of the dressing into a dressing pot (I use these ones by Sistema)
As always if you have any questions just let me know xxx