Last week I confessed to some of my friends that I’d started to write this blog. One of these friends (and I’m talking about you Sadie) said she was always looking for new dinner ideas.
Now I know this group of friends thanks to the website Babycentre. We all just happen to have had children in the same month of the same year, but 10 years on I can honestly say I couldn’t be without these ladies.
Most of us are working parents and so I was thinking I needed to really go for something quick and easy. I’m also a single parent so always have one eye on the purse strings!
My local butcher had an offer on chicken thighs and drumsticks, so they were going in and I had a couple of limes to use up, so the only obviously way to go was Coriander. I’m a massive fan of Masterchef Australia and My Kitchen Rules Australia, both of which have taught me where there’s coriander and lime there must also be fish sauce and sugar. Who am I to disagree!
I promise you this is the easiest of meals and in my opinion is dinner party worthy. So good!
Hope you all enjoy
Quick and Easy Coriander Chicken
- 8 Skin on chicken thighs – (although legs, thighs and drumsticks all work well)
- 50g coriander, stalks and leaves
- 2 limes – the zest of both and juice of one
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2cm piece of root ginger
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 200ml coconut milk (this is only half a can so I pour the rest into an ice cube tray and freeze it to use next time)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c (fan 200c)
- Add everything apart from the chicken into a food process/blender/chopper and whizz it up until you have what looks like a wonderfully healthy green smoothie (If you don’t have anything electric then just finely chop the garlic and coriander, grate the ginger and mix everything up as best you can. It will still be nice)
- Pop your chicken pieces into a roasting tin and cover with the sauce
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins until the chicken is cooked through
Slice the second lime into wedges and serve on the side